Friday, November 23, 2012

A QU Road Trip: Providence

Providence's Schneider Arena (Stadium Journey)

By: Mark Pierson

A Tuesday night non-conference matchup had me driving 101 miles to Schneider Arena, the 3,030 seat home of the Providence College Friars. Traveling alone to an away game for the first time I didn't bother looking for an interesting place to eat or any other local attractions, instead opting for a quick pregame burger and fries (I know, I lead such an exciting life). 

 Arriving at the rink about an hour and a half before game time allowed me to see the Bobcats warming up out on PC's baseball field... in the dark! It was... different... to say the least, but allowed me to see them from a different perspective than usual. 

 About an hour before faceoff I headed inside and was surprised to see quite a few QU fans and several parents and relatives. I chatted briefly with Jeremy Langlois' father, Bill (who I actually met last year up at Dartmouth), and met Eric Hartzell's mom and dad, Mary Beth and Kevin. There was a large contingent of the Federico family and a couple of other families as well. All in all, the Bobcats had somewhere between 100 and 200 fans in the barn.

Continue reading on FTNTTB.

No comments:

Post a Comment